Friday, January 26, 2007

Duval Ties Woods, Mickelson Flounders. Am I Golf's Nostradamus?

About four days ago I penned a blog posting discussing Why We'd Rather Love Duval Than Mickelson. Lost in Thursday’s hype of Brandt Snedeker's flirt with a 59 at the Buick Invitational and Tiger's T66, was the presence of David Duval tied, yes that's right TIED with Tiger at T66. Also, as a footnote, Phil Mickelson sits at T124 with a lowly 74. To be fair, I do realize that these are just the results of the first round of a four round tournament and Woods & Duval will switch to the harder South Course for round 2.

Now, I don’t think of myself as golf’s Nostradamus (okay, maybe I do if I'm right), but what did this writer say just a few days ago "Mickelson will always be a bridesmaid never a bride and we'd love to see Duval rocket back up the standings and back into our hearts."

Let's see if my assessment of Mickelson holds in that "he melts like overheated plastic in a microwave" when Tiger's around and if underdog Duval can move his way up the leaderboard.

A final pairing of Woods and Duval. How sweet would that be?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home