Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Golf Gear News Podcast Goes on Hiatus

I would like to announce that effective today, the Golf Gear News Podcast is going on hiatus for a while. All the episodes will still be available on the website, but because of time commitments, a new fulltime job and other things that have been taking up more and more of my time, I need to take a break from recording the show.

When I started this podcast back in October, 2005, I really had no idea what the show could be, how much work it required, nor how my audience would respond to what I have to say. Listeners have been very attentive, but I don’t get very much feedback from them. On the otherhand, the blog does get a lot of feedback and I’m grateful for that.

I am stopping the clock at 38 episodes with the intent of changing the format of the show and bringing it back sometime in the future. Podcasting is a great audio medium, but behind each broadcast, is 4-6 hours of preparation and recording. I truly admire the professional stations like National Public Radio. They make it look so easy.

Putting the audio podcast in mothballs for a while doesn’t mean that I won’t continue to update the blog or send out the monthly e-Newsletter. Those will still be out there. All it means is that on a bi-weekly basis you won’t get to hear my melodious voice in your ear.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to improve the podcast in the future, I’m all ears. Until then, hit ‘em straight.

Bruce Stasch
Host
Golf Gear News

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger ethan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home